Premier Criminal Defense & Personal Injury Legal Advocacy In Maryland
Sean G. McGuern
- Family 35%
- Crriminal/Traffic 35%
- Personal Injury 20%
Before beginning law school, Sean worked as a Program Manager for a large non-profit agency accrediting schools throughout the United States. In that role, he served as the lead staff member chairing a committee assigned to consider all government actions and complaints. He worked closely with local, state and federal officials to assess compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Sean earned his law degree from Temple University School of Law and completed the school’s highly ranked trial-advocacy program. He served as a certified legal intern at the Office of Public Defender in Camden, New Jersey where he assisted in the defense of juveniles charges with crimes ranging from simple misdemeanors to dangerous felonies. Later, he served as a certified legal intern at the Temple Legal Aid Office where he represented clients in social security disability and family law matters.
After working at several law firms, Sean started his own law firm in 2017 and practices in both Maryland and the District of Columbia. He represents clients in a family law matters including divorce, pre- and post-judgment custody, child and spousal support, third-party custody and CINA issues, modification, interstate and international custody and support, show cause and enforcement matters. He represents clients in criminal defense matters and uses his knowledge of criminal statutes and case law to negotiate favorable plea bargains or litigate cases where advisable. He has settled personal injury cases for well over $100,000 and looks forward to taking these cases to a jury.
- Top 40 Criminal Defense Attorney Under The Age Of 40 - The National Trial Attorneys
- Award of Excellence - Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Services, 2017 to Present
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
- Major: Journalism
- Major: Anthropology
- Maryland, 2015
- District of Columbia, 2017
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2020
- Maryland Crimianl Defense Association, Member, 2016 to Present
- DC Superior Court Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2017 to Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense lawyers, 2018 to Present
- Maryland Association of Justice, 2018 to Present
- Maryland State Bar Association, 2015 to Present