Premier Criminal Defense & Personal Injury Legal Advocacy In Maryland
Thomas J. Maronick Jr.
- Criminal Defense and DUI
- Personal Injury
- Business Law
- Workers’ Compensation
Thomas Maronick Jr is known as one of the top high-stakes trial attorneys in Maryland, especially known for his criminal defense work including significant jury trial wins defending those accused of sex crimes and gun crimes amongst many .
His career includes defending a Baltimore City police officer in a televised assault case that made national news, and a federal gun case where his results led to a government appeal and ultimately the Supreme Court weighed in on the issues.
Attorney Thomas Maronick Jr focuses his practice on criminal defense and DUI's, bankruptcy, family law, serious accident and personal injury cases. He also helps business owners with a variety of issues from debt and credit issues to restaurant and retail leases. He and the firm will also partner with other firms to take on serious medical malpractice cases.
He is the recipient of a "Superb" Awo.com rating of over 10.0, and has been awarded the distinction of being of named to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100. He has earned BBB and Lead Counsel accreditations as well as being named one of Annapolis' "40 Finest" in 2013 by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. He was selected in 2014 to The Daily Record's VIP List, recognizing professionals who are "Successful by 40." The award, given out by an independent panel of judges, considers a nominee's professional achievements as well as community work and the extent to which they contribute a positive energy in Maryland before reaching the age of 40.
A 2006 graduate of the University of Baltimore School of Law, Mr. Maronick earned an undergraduate Bachelor's of the Arts from The University of Maryland College Park in Journalism in 2000. A native of Baltimore, MD, Mr. Maronick is proud to have litigated cases in all but three of Maryland's counties across the state. He is licensed in Maryland state end federal courts, the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, and is proudly a member of the US Supreme Court Bar.
Before entering his legal career in earnest, Mr. Maronick worked in the journalism and music fields, and still writes newspaper columns, hosts a weekly radio show, and sings in a jazz band in his spare time.
His motto guides his work for all clients: "Our most important client is each and every client we represent.
- USCA Best of Baltimore Criminal Defense Attorneys List
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Annapolis "40 Finest"
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
- American Society of Legal Advocates - MD Top 40 Criminal Lawyer Under 40
- Named to 2014 The Daily Record VIP List, recognizing professionals who are "Successful by 40"
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating - 4.9 out of 5.0
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating - Criminal Law - 5.0 out of 5.0
- "Superb" Awo.com rating of over 10.0
- Super Lawyers ratings (2017 and 2018)
- Super Lawyers (Rising Stars 2017-2018)
- Super Lawyers 2020
- Maryland - The Daily Record’s Criminal Law Power List - 2022
- Irish Outreach Center, Ocean City, MD
- Musicians On Call, Washington, DC
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. - 2006
- University Of Maryland College Park, College Park, Maryland
- B.A. - 2000
- Major: Journalism
- Maryland, 2008
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, Active Member, 2010 to Present
- Maryland State Bar Association, Active Member, 2008 to Present
- Baltimore City Bar Association - Bench Bar Committee, Active Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Active Member
- Baltimore County Bar Association, Active Member
- DC Trial Lawyers Association, Active Member
- The Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- The Harford County Bar Association
- The Baltimore County Bar Association
- The Bar Association of Baltimore City
- The National College of DUI Defense, Active Member
- The Maryland Association for Justice, Active Member