Thomas J. Maronick Jr.
Attorney Thomas Maronick Jr focuses his practice on criminal defense and DUI's, bankruptcy, family law, serious accident and personal injury cases. He also helps business owners with a variety of issues from debt and credit issues to restaurant and retail leases. He and the firm will also partner with other firms to take on serious medical malpractice cases.
He is the recipient of a "Superb" Awo.com rating of over 10.0, and has been awarded the distinction of being of named to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100. He has earned BBB and Lead Counsel accreditations as well as being named one of Annapolis' "40 Finest" in 2013 by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. He was selected in 2014 to The Daily Record's VIP List, recognizing professionals who are "Successful by 40." The award, given out by an independent panel of judges, considers a nominee's professional achievements as well as community work and the extent to which they contribute a positive energy in Maryland before reaching the age of 40.
A 2006 graduate of the University of Baltimore School of Law, Mr. Maronick earned an undergraduate Bachelor's of the Arts from The University of Maryland College Park in Journalism in 2000. A native of Baltimore, MD, Mr. Maronick is proud to have litigated cases in all but three of Maryland's counties across the state. He is licensed in Maryland state end federal courts, the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, and is proudly a member of the US Supreme Court Bar.
Before entering his legal career in earnest, Mr. Maronick worked in the journalism and music fields, and still writes newspaper columns, hosts a weekly radio show, and sings in a jazz band in his spare time.
His motto guides his work for all clients: "Our most important client is each and every client we represent.
Areas of Practice
- 40% Criminal Defense and DUI
- 20% Family Law/Divorce
- 20% Bankruptcy
- 10% Accident and Personal Injury
- 10% Administrative Law
- Medical Malpractice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Maryland, 2008
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2011
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- University Of Maryland College Park, College Park, Maryland
- B.A. - 2000
- Major: Journalism
Honors and Awards
- USCA Best of Baltimore Criminal Defense Attorneys List, 2011 - 2012
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Annapolis "40 Finest", 2013
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
- American Society of Legal Advocates - MD Top 40 Criminal Lawyer Under 40
- Named to 2014 The Daily Record VIP List, recognizing professionals who are "Successful by 40"
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating - 4.9 out of 5.0
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating - Criminal Law - 5.0 out of 5.0
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, Active Member, 2010 - Present
- Maryland State Bar Association, Active Member, 2008 - Present
- Baltimore City Bar Association - Bench Bar Committee, Active Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Active Member
- Baltimore County Bar Association , Active Member
- DC Trial Lawyers Association, Active Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Irish Outreach Center, Ocean City, MD
- Musicians On Call, Washington, DC